Home / Products / Products by product area / Subsea systems / Autonomous Underwater Vehicles - AUV / Autonomous underwater vehicle - REMUS 6000
Autonomous underwater vehicle - REMUS 6000
The REMUS 6000 a versatile Autonomous Underwater Vehicle depth rated to 6000 meters.
REMUS 6000 - the deepest member of Hydroid's growing family of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles - AUVs!
The REMUS 6000 AUV was designed under a cooperative program involving the Naval
Oceanographic Office, the Office of Naval Research, and the Woods Hole Oceanographic
Institution - WHOI, in support of deep-water autonomous operations. The REMUS 6000
AUV boasts the same proven software and electronic subsystems found in our highly
successful REMUS 100 AUV, with a depth rating, endurance, and payload that allow
for autonomous operations in up to 6000 meters of water.
REMUS 6000 features
- LITTORAL TO DEEP OPERATIONS - The REMUS 6000 has been designed to enable operations to water depths as great as 6000 meters. The versatile design also allows long mission durations in shallow
- CUSTOM DESIGN - The REMUS 6000 can be configured to include a wide range of customer specified sensors. The sensor suite can be reconfigurable and enables the REMUS 6000 to be configured to
meet specific, and varied, mission requirements.
- EASE OF OPERATION - The REMUS 6000 incorporates the same proven Vehicle Interface Program (VIP) used in the complete family of REMUS vehicles. The highly refined VIP makes vehicle maintenance,
checkout, mission planning, and data analysis fast and easy. Windows operation, quick look indicators, quality control checks, and a sophisticated data export capability all add to the user
friendly nature of this software package.
- LAUNCH AND RECOVERY SYSTEM (LARS) - The REMUS 6000 Launch and Recovery System (LARS) is designed to function off the stern of a ship and can be set up for shipboard operations within a few
hours. the LARS is a roll on/roll off system and can be installed easily on ships of opportunity. Launch and Recovery can also function off the stern and side of a ship.
- PROVEN REMUS TECHNOLOGY - The REMUS 6000 is based on the same leading edge technology that has brought the REMUS 100 to the forefront of autonomous operations.
Typical REMUS 6000 AUV applications
- Deep Ocean Search & Survey
- Deep Ocean Acoustic & Optical Surveys
- Debris Field Mapping