Home / Products / Products by product area / Engine room and automation systems / Propulsion control systems / Propulsion control system AutoChief C20
Propulsion control system
For slow and medium speed diesel engines
AutoChief C20 engine telegraph.
C20 propulsion control system control panel and engine telegraph.
Bridge wing panel.
The AutoChief® C20 marine propulsion control is designed for medium and low speed diesel engines fitted with fixed or variable pitch propellers. It is based on knowledge gained through more than 40 years of working with the main engine
manufacturers. The technology used, builds on our highly successful K-Chief 600 marine automation system.
Propulsion control system components
- Control panel
- Engine telegraph unit
- Engine safety system
- Digital governor system
- Engine order printer
- Distributed processing units
- Reliable operation
- Bumpless control transfer
- Immediate transfer of all data
- Quick adoption to various engines - no software customisation required
- Distributed Processing Units (DPU) designed for direct mounting on engines
- Reduced cabling cost. All signals are connected to DPUs directly on the main engine, simplifying installation in the control consoles
- Can be integrated with the K-Chief 600 machinery automation system, sharing sensors and information
- Few moving parts to reduce maintenance requirements
- Approved by all the main classification societies
Remote control system
AutoChief® C20 propulsion control system uses reliable, ruggedized single board distributed processing units. These can be placed where it is most convenient, considerably reducing cabling cost. The use of distributed processing units and
dual, redundant CAN field bus ensure reliable operation and bump-less control transfer.
The system is event based to allow immediate transfer of data. A powerful configuration tool allows quick and accurate adaptation to various engines – no software customisation is required. Modular design makes it easy to meet individual customers'
requirements. The system is easy to use providing the information you need only when you need it. On screen user assistance and recommendations is also available to assist new operators. Few moving parts ensure that little maintenance is required. The
distributed processing units are designed for direct mounting on engines.
Engine monitoring options
The AutoChief® C20 propulsion control system have common software & system components with our
engine monitoring systems, allowing integration and joined support. Data transfer
via CAN bus forms the bases for easy communication with other KONGSBERG systems. Engine monitoring systems include:
The Full Picture
While AutoChief C20 system is an independent system it is uniquely suited to be combined with the following Kongsberg Maritime systems sharing sensors and information across system borders, fulfilling
our mission of providing our customers with The Full Picture.
- K-Gauge: The K-Gauge is a cargo monitoring and control system which is a highly integrated
system incorporating level gauging, temperature and pressure monitoring, valve and pump control.
- K-Chief 600: The K-Chief 600 marine automation system is designed for vessels requiring a
commercial off-the-shelf alarm, monitoring and control system to meet the safety and reliability requirements of standard merchant vessels.
- Main Engine monitoring system: Our main engine monitoring systems monitor the conditions
of the main engine including Bearing Wear alarm handling, Cylinder Liner temperature and detections of scuffing of piston wall, main bearing temperature, cross-head bearing and crank bearing temperature,
torque measurements, Water In Oil Detection. Our main engine monitoring systems are under constant development to meet new ship requirements.
- Ship@web: Ship@web enables continuous access to primary vessel data both on board the
vessel and from ashore.
- Voyage data recorder; The main purpose of our Voyage Data Recorder (VDR) the Maritime
Black Box MBB® is to record and store relevant ship data and allow reconstruction of ship incidents at sea.
The AutoChief® C20 propulsion control system is designed in accordance with the requirements of: DNV, LRS, BV, GL, RINA, NKK, ABS, KR, PRS, CRS (Croatia), MRS (Russia), ZC (China).
- EMC properties: According to IACS E10 and EN60945
- Weight distributed processing units: 1.5 - 2 kg each
- Supply voltage: 18 - 32 V DC, 5% ripple
- Operating temperature: - 15°C to + 70°C
- Storage temperature: -30°C to + 80°C
- Maximum humidity: 97%, no condensation