Home / Products / Products by product area / Subsea systems / Autonomous Underwater Vehicles - AUV / Autonomous underwater vehicle - REMUS 100
Autonomous underwater vehicle - REMUS 100
The REMUS 100 a compact light-weight Autonomous Underwater Vehicle.
REMUS - Remote Environmental Measuring UnitS 100 is a compact,
light-weight, Autonomous Underwater Vehicle - AUV designed for operation in
coastal environments up to 100 meters in depth.
Adaptable and reliable
The REMUS 100 AUV can be configured to include a wide variety of standard and/or customer specified
sensors and system options to meet your unique autonomous mission requirements.
Over the past several years, the REMUS 100 AUV has quickly become the cornerstone
of the coastal AUV market, with thousands of missions, and tens of thousands of
mission hours to its credit. No other AUV system can come close to rivalling REMUS'
proven track record for system quality and dependability.
The capabilities of the REMUS 100 make it ideally suitable for marine research, defense, hydrographic and offshore/energy markets. The vehicle is small enough to be carried by two people, yet contains
enough sophisticated sensor, navigation, and power resources to enable it to perform intricate sonar and oceanographic surveys over large areas.
REMUS 100 features
- COMPACT SIZE & WEIGHT - The compact size of the REMUS 100 allows for economical overnight shipping and two-man deployment and operation capability. The REMUS 100 also eliminates the need for
larger vessels and costly special handling equipment.
- PROVEN RELIABILITY - The REMUS 100 is the only compact AUV to be selected by the U.S. Navy Fleet for their mine counter measure operations. The system boasts over ten years of continuous
product development and thousands of hours of field operations.
- EASE OF OPERATION - An intuitive Vehicle Interface Program (VIP) allows anyone to become an AUV operator with just a few days of training.
- POWERFUL & VERSATILE - The REMUS 100 contains a full suite of standard sensors, with new sensors being integrated on a continuous basis.
Typical REMUS 100 applications
- Hydrographic surveys
- Mine counter measure operations
- Harbour security operations
- Environmental monitoring
- Debris field mapping
- Search and salvage operations
- Fishery operations
- Scientific sampling and mapping