Kongsberg Maritime's training division introduces an innovative new virtual classroom solution to help customers reduce the time and cost investment of training on a wide range of disciplines.
Kongsberg Maritime is now offering training live to virtually any location with a computer and Internet connection *). The remote training technology allows for setting up virtual classrooms, where
we can include live transfer of;
- Instructor live video and sound
- On-screen presentations (i.e. PowerPoint and other presentation tools)
- Demonstrations and instruction in actual Kongsberg Maritime application software
- Discussions and interaction between course participants and with the instructor
By delivering lessons covering system introduction, system navigation, alarm and message system, and basic theory as remote training modules prior to course start, we ensure that all participants
have the same (and "higher") system understanding and grasp of the relevant basics. This will significantly reduce the time needed to get all participants to the same level of understanding, and hence
the length of time spent on travel.
The following course may be delivered at a Kongsberg Maritime global training center, at a customer's premises or on board a vessel.
As a start, we are offering pre-course preparation modules through remote training to a number of our existing courses:
- K-POS Familiarization
- DP Awareness
- K-POS Position Mooring
- K-POS Seismic Track
- K-POS Maintenance
- K-Chief 700 Step 1
- K-Chief 700 Step 1 – LNG
- K-Chief 700 for Bridge Personnel
- K-Chief 600 basic
Remote training presents an efficient way to provide familiarization and refresher training for crews on new or upgraded KONGSBERG software!
Note: All remote training modules will include pass/fail assessments that the participants have to pass in order to qualify for the next module or the corresponding course.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
*) Minimum requirements :
- Computer with camera and microphone
- Windows 7.1 / OS X 10.9 and later
- CPU with 2 cores (4 recommended)
- 4GB RAM
- High resolution display
- Supported web browsers
- Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer 9 or later
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet connection with 512 kbps upstream, 4 mbps downstream capacity