Editing the content of the translation memory database
The translation memory (TM) database is the most important file in your translation system. You must always make sure that you have a backup copy. Every time you have work with translations the TM database will grow in size. For that reason, make sure that you backup the TM file as often as possible.
Although the TM file is automatically updated, it is still possible to edit its content.
- Open the Tradios Studio 2014 program.
- In the bottom left corner of the display presentation, click Translation Memories.
- Observe that the page clears.
- On the top toolbar, click Open, navigate to the folder that contains your TM file, and open it.
- Observe that the file opens with English text on the left side, and target language text on the right side.
The name of the TM file you opened is shown in the menu structure on the left side of the presentation.
- Observe that the editor provides the normal text editor functions, including search and copy/paste.
- Make the necessary changes to the texts.
- Right-click on the TM file name in the left menu structure, and click Remove from list on the short-cut menu.
- Acknowledge as required.
- Observe that the changes are saved when the TM file is closed.