Creating a new (and empty) translation memory database
The translation memory (TM) database is the most important file in your translation system. You must always make sure that you have a backup copy. Every time you have work with translations the TM database will grow in size. For that reason, make sure that you backup the TM file as often as possible.
You can create a new translation memory database. When created from scratch, this database file is empty.
- Open the Tradios Studio 2014 program.
- In the bottom left corner of the display presentation, click Translation Memories.
- Observe that the page clears.
- On the top toolbar, click New → New Translation Memory.
- Observe that a wizard starts.
- Allow the wizard to help you to create a new translation memory file with the name, location and languages you choose.
Use the default settings on all other parameters.