Changing which translation memory database to use in a project
The translation memory (TM) database is the most important file in your translation system. You must always make sure that you have a backup copy. Every time you have work with translations the TM database will grow in size. For that reason, make sure that you backup the TM file as often as possible.
If you are merging translation memory databases, you need to change the name of the translation memory file in use by the project.
- Open the Tradios Studio 2014 program.
- In the bottom left corner of the display presentation, click Projects.
- Observe that your project is listed.
- Click once on the project name to select it.
- On the top toolbar, click Project settings.
- Observe that a wizard starts.
- On the left side, in the wizard structure, click to expand Language pairs.
- Click again to expand the language pair that you are using in your project.
- Under your language pair, still on the left side, click once on Translation Memory and Automated Translations.
- Observe that your current translation memory file is shown on the right hand side.
- Click once on the file name to select it, then click Remove immediately above the field.
- Acknowledge the removal when prompted.
- Click Add → File based Translation memory.
- Locate the translation memory file you wish to use, and open it.
- Click Ok to finish and close the wizard.