Kongsberg Digital is to be established as a new subsidiary of KONGSBERG. The company will be headed by Hege Skryseth and will become a leading industrial software environment with
about 450 employees.
- We're at the starting point of significant changes due to the digitalization of industrial processes. Technologies such as Internet of Things, Big Data, automation and robotics will lead to significant
changes for the industry as well as for the public sector. KONGSBERG is already a digital group with world-leading products within sensor technology, electronics, software development and big data processing.
Through the launch of Kongsberg Digital we take an important step in the Group's strategy for developing the next generation of digitalized products and services, says Walter Qvam, CEO of KONGSBERG.
Digital Centre of Expertise of the Group
The subsidiary Kongsberg Digital will consist of about 450 employees from existing software and simulation environments within Kongsberg Oil & Gas Technologies and Kongsberg Maritime. Kongsberg Digital
will from the start have a significant portfolio and revenues from advanced data, software and simulation products. In addition Kongsberg Digital will have a group responsibility for developing new digital
solutions and related technology alliances.
- About 70 per cent of KONGSBERG is in one way or another related to software. We see significant opportunities for us in the current technology shift, both in Norway and internationally. Kongsberg
Digital will be a focal point for digital products and solutions, and a key driver for the Group's digital offering. This will ensure that our customers also in the future will have access to the best
technology. In addition, the company will develop new solutions and gradually establish positions in new markets, says Qvam.
Hege Skryseth to head the initiative
Hege Skryseth will be the company's President. Skryseth will also assume the position of Chief Digital Officer of KONGSBERG and report to the CEO.
- It is an exciting portfolio of products and services that I now assume the responsibility for. This is also a significant new venture, both in a Norwegian and international context, that I very much
look forward to lead. KONGSBERG is well positioned for the digital industrial shift with leading technology positions in the maritime, oil and gas, aerospace and defense industries. With this initiative
we aspire to create a unifying force to offer our customers and partners value-added services based on existing and future technologies, says Skryseth.
Today KONGSBERG cooperates closely with several leaders within digitalization, both within academia and research, and through the Group's extensive network of suppliers and customers in Norway and
- We will work closely with a number of leading experts in order to create unique digital industry solutions together, says Skryseth.
For further information, please contact:
- Hege Skryseth, Group Executive Vice President
Mob: +47 905 51 525
- Ronny Lie, Group Chief Communication Officer
Mob: +47 916 10 798