CEO Walter Qvam has informed the Board of Directors that he wishes to resign in June, according to the agreement he has for resignation at the age of 63.
- The Board has conducted a thorough process to find a new CEO and has chosen Geir Håøy, currently President of Kongsberg Maritime (KM), says Chairman of the Board, Finn Jebsen.
- KONGSBERG is in a time with demanding challenges and several opportunities. Geir Håøy excels with long international and industrial experience and has for five years led KM, KONGSBERG’s largest business
area. It is very pleasing that the best candidate came from KONGSBERG. We put great emphasis on internal recruitment and are very pleased that this now also succeeded at the top level, says Jebsen.
Geir Håøy is 49 years old and was employed by KONGSBERG in 1993. He has been a part of the corporate management team since 2010.
- KONGSBERG has a solid market position and technology platform. We have over 7 700 competent employees and a strong corporate culture. We will continue to develop the company to the benefit of our
owners, customers and employees. KONGSBERG’s strategy is future oriented and will remain firm. It is a great responsibility I am taking on and I go to the task with enthusiasm and great respect, says
- Walter Qvam has been CEO since 2008. The Board would like to use the opportunity to thank Qvam for his efforts. He has done a great job and leaves the company in a very good position, says Jebsen.
Chairman of the Board Finn Jebsen has led an appointment committee of the Board responsible for the recruitment process for a new CEO, with support from an acknowledged head hunter.
- We have conducted a comprehensive search and evaluated several candidates, men and women from both KONGSBERG and from outside the company. The candidate we searched for had to have broad leadership
experience and knowledge of several of KONGSBERG’s markets. That is crucial to succeed in this job, says Jebsen.
Geir Håøy will take on his new position as CEO in June 2016.
For further information, please contact:
- Finn Jebsen, Chairman of the Board, KONGSBERG, Tel: +47 924 47 600
- Ronny Lie, Chief Communication Officer, KONGSBERG, Tel: +47 916 10 798