Automatic or manual
The Fire and gas detection system is only available as part of a K-Safe system. The fire and gas detection system provides early and reliable detection of fire
or gas, where such events are likely to occur, alerts personnel and initiates protective
actions automatically or manually upon operator activation.
Basically the system consists of field mounted detection equipment and manual
alarm stations, a system logic unit for processing of incoming signals, alarm and
HMI units. The system is able to process all input signals in accordance with the
applicable Fire Protection Data Sheets or Cause & Effect charts.
Note! Fire and gas detection system systems are called Fire and Gas systems (F&G).
Typical actions from a Fire and gas detection system
- Alert personnel
- Release fire fighting systems
- Emergency ventilation control
- Stop flow of minor hydrocarbon sources such as diesel distribution to consumers
- Isolate local electrical equipment (may be done by ESD)
- Initiating ESD and PSD actions
- Isolate electrical equipment
- Close watertight doors and fire doors