Several individual vessels and ROV units can now position themselves using the same seabed transponder array of our Multi User Long Base Line positioning system.
- Provides high position accuracy (compared to standard LBL)
- A small number of transponders serve all vessels and ROV’s
- Secures high position update rate (down to approx. 2 seconds), which is essential in DP operations
- Avoids transponder frequency collisions when vessels are working in the same area (all vessels are "listening" only)
- Uses Standard Long Base Line transponders (MULBL is a mode setting)
The Multi User Long Base Line positioning system will specifically prove its value in deeper waters, as it can give a higher position update rate than both the Standard Method and other Multi User methods.