Our Bulk Hose Securing Unit (BHSU) is a securing unit for bulk hoses used on Platform Support Vessels. It provides automated and safe operation during loading and off-loading.
The Bulk Hose Securing Unit is a securing unit for bulk hoses and give safe operation during loading and off-loading of Platform Support Vessels.
The unit can be hydraulic and electric driven and can be operated either from wheelhouse or deck area.
The Bulk Hose Securing Unit is mounted as part of the outer cargo rail, no additional space is required. The BHSU can be mounted on existing vessel and be integrated into the existing cargo rails.
The system has been developed in close cooperation with ship designers, ship owners and Statoil.
- Provides faster and simpler operation of bulk hoses
- Allows securing the hose without ropes
- No manual handling required
- All operation are remotely controlled which allows operation is rougher weather
- Give gentler bulk hose handling, which again gives less wear on the equipment
- Increases safety for the personnel on deck
- Reduces the risk of spill to the environment
- Ideal for refit onboard existing vessels